- News ArticleMay 21, 2017Elise YoungLearn More
This article discusses how FERPA and other Federal privacy laws apply to institutions that offer MOOCs.
- News Article
Deciphering the Supremacy of Federal Funding Conditions: Why State Open Records Laws Must Yield to FERPAMay 21, 2017Mathilda McGee-TubbLearn More
This article proposes a framework for more uniformly resolving the relationship between FERPA and state open records laws. It argues that FERPA is a valid Fede…
- News ArticleMay 21, 2017Lynn M. DaggettLearn More
This paper focuses on the body of laws (including FERPA) governing schools’ sharing of student information with police, an issue in both K-12 and higher educat…
- News ArticleMay 21, 2017Daniel R. DingerLearn More
This article, Johnny Saw my Test Score, So I'm Suing My Teacher: Falvo v. Owasso Independent School District, Peer Grading, and a Student's Right to Privacy Un…
- News ArticleMay 21, 2017Louis N. Schulze, Jr.Learn More
This Article analyzes claims over whether FERPA prohibits certain progressive law school academic support methodologies, using the text of the statute, the rel…
- ModelMay 20, 2017Learn More
- ModelMay 16, 2017Learn More
This is a model document to be used by LEA officials regarding notification of rights under FERPA for K-12 schools.
- News ArticleMay 15, 2017Jennifer C. WassonLearn More
This article argues that to preserve student privacy in an increasingly "wired" environment, Congress should amend FERPA to encompass technology issues such as…