- Higher Ed Perspectives
The Datafication of Student Life and the Consequences for Student Data PrivacyApr 11, 2022Kyle M. L. Jones (MLIS, PhD) Indiana University-Indianapolis (IUPUI)Learn More
The COVID-19 pandemic changed American higher education in more ways than many people realize: beyond forcing schools to transition overnight to fully online l…
So Much Data: Thinking About How We Govern with Data and How We Are Governed by Data in US Higher EducationApr 11, 2022Michael Brown, Assistant Professor of Higher Education and Student Affairs, School of Education, Iowa State UniversityLearn More
As a researcher who focuses on how US higher education institutions construct data systems to support students’ success, I find myself having the same conversa…
Stay in TouchJoin our mailing list to learn about privacy news and resources.
- FPF PerspectivesMar 20, 2020Anisha Reddy and Amelia VanceLearn More
Our new FAQs describe how K-12 and higher education administrators and educators can protect student privacy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- FPF PerspectivesFeb 11, 2020David Sallay and Monica BulgerLearn More
There is much that schools can do to keep their metaphorical kitchens clean when it comes to student data. To help educate schools on what they can do, today t…
- FPF PerspectivesNov 21, 2019Susan BeardenLearn More
As stories of data breaches in schools and districts regularly make headlines, many K-12 organizations are working hard to implement policies and procedures to…
- What exactly is a student data warehouse? What do they do, and why does it matter? @brown_mike_ explains the privac… https://t.co/qBGh0oQFoa
- ICYMI: The latest @futureofprivacy Youth & Education Privacy monthly newsletter is out! Catch up here, and subscrib… https://t.co/3X1QGhSgWD
- Get the latest on student data security, activity monitoring, screen time, state legislation, and more in our lates… https://t.co/uVfz1JJH0Z